Blue Mine/London Mine

The Blue Mine was also known as the London mine. it is available on the same trail as the Roomy Mine. Blue was worked before 1857 up until 1905. The main shaft was driven 500 feet from here at a sloped angle. The London Company probably the same one Peter Hasenclever owned was the company that owned this mine. Too bad the mine is almost totally flooded, otherwise it would be very much more impressive then it appears.

Look slike foundation ruins, for the water pump systems

The entrance to the Blue Mine.

A closer look..


All Images Copyright, do not use without permission. 

Disclaimer: This site attempts to presents a historical perspective to the arm chair explorere on the mines of NJ & NY. The owners and authors do not condone visiting these mines, as they are dangerous and life threatening. We do not take responsibility for any injuries or death which may occur by visiting these mines nore will we give directions to anyone. All mines were thoroughly examined, with all suitable precautions taken when documenting these sites.